Sunday, October 08, 2006

Is it just me or did this post just get British-er. Anyways yes this is I, Dhiren, reporting straight outta' Bath. Well where shall I begin? I would have pictures excpet I don't have a camera and so you guys get to use your imagination. So ya from the beginning I guess. I arrived in England on the 7th of September- I think- and ya that was alright. Air Canada has certainly stepped it up a notch since last I flew (but then again that was with some cheap charter airline) with better meals (they had gelato!) and decent movies. Fortunately I brought my laptop on the plane with me so I was able to catch in a few episodes of 24- season 5. I stayed at my grandparents house for the first few weeks and that was, needless to say, not the most exciting few weeks of my life. They didn't have internet and their satellite only consisted of the indian channels and so TV didn't provide a solution to boredom. I know some family friends who lived really close so I was at their house most of the time. The town is quite small and there's a market that's open everyday of the week so I found myself wandering around there for quite some time. My family in England have been really helpful with taking me around and stuff so that was good. I went to Manchester one day and that's a really nice city- I always had the idea that it was crap. But ya the cities in England seem to be more walking-friendly than Canada since Canada is so big. So its nice to be able to take a short train into the city and being able to walk everywhere rather than taking the subway or car. Anyways I went to my grandma's (mom's side) house as well in Coventry. That was pretty much the same deal. So lets skip all of this business and jump to university. Its fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home