l'université
I kinda left the blog with a cliffhanger- well not really but I like to think so. So ya university, or l'université (note the proper use of accents) since I'm doing french. The first few days were a bit hard at first with the whole settling in and all that jazz. Like we came to the university, dropped off all of my stuff then I was all alone. I had some induction meeting that I had to attend but I didn't talk to anyone during it. I just sat there not even making an attempt to meet new people. But it was really hard when you're all on your own. Anyways I was mad at myself for not doing anything so I decided to use the next 'gathering' to meet some new people. That was a bbq that was later on that evening- the brits suck at bbq's by the way. So ya I met this guy Joe there and we were like best friends for the first few days. Like we went to Bath and whatnot and hung around and stuff and we kinda built up a small group of friends. But then once everyone else in our flats moved in (we didn't live in the same building) we kinda stopped hanging around but we still talk and stuff. But ya I then had to make new friends with my room mates and stuff. They're really cool and its easy to get along with them. Frosh Week was a lotta fun. Like any university, there's a lotta drinking and partying. We got to try out some sports and things like that so that was nice. One night I drank too much and that kinda sucked but ya I've eased off and ya its not so bad now. But! I think I'm done drinking coke and pop because I think the caffeine has too much of an effect on me since everytime I have pop it takes like a few hours to go to sleep (last time I went to bed at 1:00 but didn't go sleep until 5:00- not fun). So ya school started last Monday and it seems ok. Mostly review at first but then after the first 6 weeks everyone is saying that it'll get much harder. My schedule sucks since I have three 8:15 starts and 2 9:15 starts so not much time to sleep in or anything but I generally wake up early so that's ok. Hmm... I think that's about it. Oh ya! I have a cell phone even though I kept saying that I'll never give in and get one. But I rarely use it so ya its all good. And I saw my first rugby match- we lost to Oxford but we're still one of the top universities for sports though overall. So ya that was still a lotta fun though. It was a bit chilly though since our university, despite being in the south, is on top of a hill so we get a lotta wind and rain and rubbish weather. But other than that its all good. Good indeed.

2 Comments:
Mac lost to Laurier ;(
Mac lost to Laurier ;(
Post a Comment
<< Home